I’m excited to share the living room space with you! **Please check your inbox for details on how to join the Living Room Session when the time comes.
While we wait for our time together, here are a few things to consider when preparing for our gathering.
Creating Sacred Space
- Assure that you will have privacy. These gatherings are small and intimate in the nature of the sharing. I respect everyone’s privacy. If you cannot be alone in the room while meeting, please use headphones to ensure the privacy of the other participants.
- Limit the distractions during your call. Closeout other windows on your computer, put your phone on silent, and whatever other distractions you might have.
- Take a few moments to center yourself, smudge if you feel the need to, and leave your laundry list of “to-do’s” outside the door. You can pick them back up after our time together but shelve them to immerse yourself in being present.
- Prepare for yourself your favorite drink to sip while we are meeting. There are no restrictions on what you bring to drink, but if you are drinking alcohol, please drink in moderation so you can stay present in the group.
- Please plan on having your video on for our group. It is much easier/nicer to interact with a breathing human than a black box with a name.
- I suggest a headset if possible. It helps to hear everyone clearly and also reduces background noise.
- There is value in sharing authentically. Bravery often comes in small ways. Speaking into your truth is one of those ways.
- We are not here to heal one another, advise each other, or do “one-up” stories. We are here to hold space for one another. Holding space is about deep listening, opening the heart center, and being a witness for others.
What to Expect
- We’ll start our time together with a short ritual or cleansing.
- Dakota will speak about the Medicine Wheel regarding the evening topic and answer your questions.
- We’ll open the floor for discussion among everyone. Please be respectful of time when sharing so that everyone has an opportunity to share.
- If time allows, we’ll end the evening with a short guided meditation.